Jewel Beat License Agreement
This is a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, contract license agreement for the purchased of downloadable audio and/or physical products hereinafter referred to as “The Music”.
The JewelBeat Music Library (collectively “The Music") is copyrighted under United States and International copyright laws. The Licensor owns The Music and reserves all rights to The Music. The Music remains the sole and exclusive property of the Licensor. Use of The Music is licensed, not sold under the terms of this License Agreement.
(A) GRANT OF LICENSE
The Licensor grants The Licensee the “Standard License” or “Extended License” depending on the option chosen at the point of transaction at JewelBeat.com.
(B) RIGHTS GRANTED
1. The Music may be used, edited, and/or incorporated according to the guidelines described herein into the following, but not limited to:-
2a. The Standard License permits a single user to use The Music.
3a. The Standard License permits The Music to be used nationwide in the Country as determined by the Licensee when placing the order. However, this geographical limitation does not apply to online videos, downloadable products or podcasts.
4. The Licensor permits The Licensee to use The Music in online videos including, but not limited to, YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo and company websites. The Licensee is not required to share advertising revenue with the Licensor related to these videos, where applicable.
5a. The Standard License permits The Music to be used as “in-store background music” and/or telephone "on-hold" background music in a single location.
6a. The Licensee is permitted under the Standard License to distribute up to 1,000,000 copies of a physical or downloadable product, including but not limited to DVDs, software, downloadable games and downloadable videos that incorporate The Music.
7. The Licensee may backup up to 2 copies of The Music.
8. The Licensor requests, where technically and in accordance with customary industry practice - feasible although not required, the credit the Licensor by stating "Music by JewelBeat" to appear adjacent to The Music or The Credits, where possible.
9. The Licensee may incorporate vocal singing and/or recordings of other musical instruments to The Music for commercial or non-commercial purposes, and the Licensee agrees to credit The Licensor prominently by stating "Music By JewelBeat.com".
10. The Licensor, the whole owner to the copyright of The Music, is not a member of any Performing Rights Organization and therefore the Licensee is not required to file “Cue Sheets” for broadcast usage. If “Cue Sheets” are requested, the Licensee may contact The Licensor for assistance.
11. The use of "free" or un-paid downloaded audio files by the Licensee requires that the Licensee credits the Licensor by stating "Music by JewelBeat.com" prominently in the project.
12. The use of "free" or un-paid downloaded audio files by the Licensee requires that the Licensee provides a web link from the Licensee's website, or place of published work, to the Licensor's website at www.jewelbeat.com. The link must state "Music by JewelBeat.com".
13. The term for both Standard and Extended Licenses is 99 years from the date of purchase.
1. The Music must not be sold, sublicensed, shared, uploaded to websites, loaned, given, repackaged, reproduced, distributed, made into a competing product directly or indirectly, or any part of The Music transferred as a copy thereof, except in accordance with the permitted uses as stated herein.
2. The Music must be used in timed synchronization with other audio and/or visual content including but not limited to images, video footage, and voice.
3. Use of The Music for any purpose other than those included in this License Agreement must have prior written approval from The Licensor.
1. The Licensor and all of its officers, directors, employees, successors, distributors and anyone else in association shall not be held liable for any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, incidental damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred directly or indirectly in connection with the use of The Music.